HOW BIG IS THE ADVENTURE?
Australia is a vast space with some awesome things to see – the biggest mistake travellers tend to make on their 4WD campervan adventure is trying to cover to greater distance in to little time! It is a great country to explore in a Bear 4WD camper but it helps to plan ahead and know the driving times and distances: Don’t expect to drive around the whole country in one month! Don’t be discouraged though we are here to help you plan your dream Australian 4WD campervan trip – got questions? Ask here!
Suggested Travel Days:
|From and to||Going Via:||I want to road trip…||I Really Want to Explore|
|Sydney to Melbourne||The Coast Road||10 days via the coast||14 days including Great Ocean Road|
|Sydney to Darwin Return||Uluru and Kakadu||21 days||45 days back via the East Coast|
|Sydney to Cairns||The East Coast||18 Days||28 Days via the Northern Territory|
|Cairns to Cape York Return||The Bloomfield Track||12 Days||21 Days including Atherton Tablelands|
|The Big Loop||A lot of Places!||70 Days||105 Days|
Best times of year to travel?
- Non-Tropical Areas (South of: Rockhampton, QLD / Exmouth, WA/Burt Plain, NT) : October – March
- Sydney and the surrounds: November to April
- Tasmania: November – February
- The Nullabor Plains: June – October (this is Winter, but it is not so hot and it is also Whale Migration season).
- Tropical Area’s (North of: Rockhampton, QLD / Exmouth, WA/Burt Plain, NT); May – October (this is the Dry Season)
- Western Australia Coast: May to October
- Northern Territory: May to October – this is winter but it is also the dry season. Remember to still pack some warm cloths as the temperature drops at night in the desert.